Sunday, December 24, 2017

Merry Christmas


It's been a few months since my last post on the blog, and time for a end of year update.

On the housing front, we have been happily enjoying our new abode for the latter half of the year. We still have a broken window latch in our bedroom, but have been working with home depot to have it resolved... and it looks like they will be re-installing the entire window in order to go ahead and get it fixed for us. (So, another win for using a big box store).

We also have quotes for new doors for the inside and outside, so that will be my January project, getting the HOA to approve our new front door.

Little dude is getting big and he's currently running around with his new bestie, his 4 year old cousin while we are enjoying family time. I'll post an end of year financial break down, but for the most part we are trucking along, enjoying the holidays and taking the hits in stride (a ton of dental work, so car repairs, and a few other things hit us towards the end of the year).

I'm looking forward to a new year and a new re-set for the budget (I have a new tracking system I plan on trying, and while I say this year year, I'm actually going to blog more then I did in 2017) --

The increased blogging in part will largely come from the fact that I think I will be acquiring a chrome book so we have two computer terminals. That has been the struggle, because little dude demands drone videos and you tube clips when anyone is sitting on the computer in general, and being able to find the time to just budget and track expenses after he has gone to bed has been super fun... and hubs doesn't like to surrender his PC for my tracking efforts.

The local Aldi opened, which means I no longer have to traverse on the freeways to find and acquire groceries each week. When we get back from vacation it will be fun for me to get into our new year normal... late church on Sundays and I'm hoping to meal plan in the middle of the week and grocery shop after work one day so that Saturday mornings can be free for outings or adventures... or house projects :) we are hoping to have the condo done of all major work come June.

Master bedroom, bathroom, hall, laundry, and little dudes room are fully painted... but once I get doors and trim fixed in the house, i'll have to re-paint all of those... Still need to paint the kitchen and the living room.... but we HAVE put up two of our IKEA closets in the master and we will be installing the three door mirror middle soon and we will finally have everything out of boxes!!! So, the list is slowly striking!










No comments:

Post a Comment