Friday, December 29, 2017

Winter fun!

Since we are on holiday enjoying the time with family and friends, I thought i'd take a few moments to blog some of little dude's "first" experiences.

With 20 some odd family relatives housed in 2 abodes, we didn't plan a ton of group outings, but we did all go on the Heber Creeper 2 hour train ride, which was a huge hit for everyone.

Little Dude loved everything about the train from the bandits, to the live music and howling like a wolf. It was tons of fun for the whole lot of us. We all dressed warm and bundled up since it was 28 degrees outside the train (thankfully the cab was heated). and we enjoyed our picnic lunches and snacks and just time on the train.

The train had historic train compartments with the oldest coming from the early 1900's I think.

Either way, Little Dude had his first real train ride and loved every minute :)

When we got off, he asked us if we could ride it again and we had to explain our tickets were done and it was time to head back... thankfully there wasn't a melt down, but rather a general understanding that we could only ride it once with out tickets, lol.

I think his favorite part had to be hanging out in-between the trains with dad (you could walk around and explore during the train ride) and hubs took some pretty nice photos while he was hanging out there... It was either that or, frankly the jumping up and down and eating fun food like lunch-ables and chips while making train noises and playing high-five with his cousins.

We did get the joy of experiencing a white Christmas this year. I would probably guess between 5 and 7 inches fell on Christmas Eve and we got to enjoy a beautiful snow covered Christmas.

We spent time visiting with some of our old friends who live in the area and little dude got in tons of cousin time, which he absolutely loved. Some days seeing how social he is and how much he loves other little people makes me a bit sad that he doesn't have any siblings to play with, but I'm glad he got in some time with his cousins.

We also went sledding for the first time, which was met with mixed reviews. Little Man loved being tow'd and pulled up the hill by both mom and had while he sat on the sled... and he totally loved the ride down.... but only as long as he didn't get cold snow kicked up on his face.

We each had a successful run on the slopes with him until mom and little dude tipped over and he got covered in snow... after the tears subsided, he went down again with dad to make sure he left on a high note before we just dragged him around on the flat area.

Apparently sledding was a "scary fun."

Our hill was also pretty epic and steep and with less weight on the slay, Little dude and mom FLEW down the hill compared to him and his dad, who could also use his legs and feet to steer, unlike mom...


But fun was had regardless. We have one full day left with family before we trek back to California, so I think we will make a small snow man in the back yard in between packing things up to head back and doing last minute errands.

I'm super excited that we will be able to take some hand me down clothes back for Little Dude from his cousins. They have a break in their boy boy girl boy method, we we get to take the boy box home with us, which will save us from having to buy the next size up! It will take some creative car packing, but i'm ready for some Tetras if it means we may not have to buy him clothes in 2018!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I love your blog and miss your posts. Even thought I am likely twice your age, I love your budgeting posts. I wish I would have had it so together at your age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's good to be back and I'm really loving my new to me chrome book I just bought off my BIL. One of the keys doesn't make a clicking sound when you hit it (but it still works) and for $100 I was like SOLD! I'm moving everything over to google docs now, so while I tracked our spending for 2017, it won't be fully detailed.... but 2018 will have details! (I just have categories for this year).

      Delete