|Coloring eggs... Little Dude totally ate three when we were|
done... I think that's the most hard boiled eggs this kid
has ever eaten, lol.
We celebrated Easter, held little dude's birthday party, started a patio garden from scratch (thanks to hubs profit share check) and have made some more progress on the condo (all the walls are painted)
|Hanging with dad at the City Bunny Days|
Event I run every year :)
I'm still in spring go mode at work, so posts might take a couple of weeks before they get back on track, but that's just the busy season.
I won't have a full weekend off until the end of April just before hub's birthday!
This is even a rushed post and won't be as detailed as my normal month end reports are budget wise because i'm writing it quickly just so I can clear our budget and re-set it for April.
I also had another work conference and my check engine light went back on... (I'm starting to think we are cursed for conferences) but it was for the part we were hoping wasn't broken from the last fix... so at least I knew it was safe to drive on for the remaining two days I had left to go for conference.
What we spent in March
- A little high this month, but we had to do more convenience meals because of the work schedule and the fact that I was at conference for three days and hubs had to take care of little dude.
Gasoline/ Tolls and car washes: $321.01
- Includes parking fees that will be reimburse, and mileage.
Car repairs: $1,400.34
- New headlights, carbon canister, vapor control valve, oil chance, and Car Reg ($133) for the Camry. I finally opted to get new headlights installed because they had my car for a couple days anyway to fix the valve and my original ones were so fogged that they didn't do much to illuminate the road and one bulb was always coming loose making the right headlight go out.
Eating Out: $94.40
Little Dude: $72.62
- This includes April and May mini "pre-school" he will start up on the 9th. Our daycare will discount us three days since little dude will be offsite for a few hours for his preschool starter program (to prepare him for fall when he starts pre-school -- the kid needs to learn to listen).
Dental: $430.00 (The last of hubs dental fees, his mouth is finally done)
- $53.38 (me - needed khaki pants for a work event)
- $6.48 (Little Dude)
Church Tithe: $1,867.00
- We had our annual profit share check, plus a three paycheck month for me so its a lot higher than normal... like more than double as it was a really nice profit share check. We dumped it all into our slush fund after doing some succulent and garden starting. We want to get through the house renovation before we start spending any of it as our flooring may increase dramatically since we might need to stay in a hotel and rent a storage until for all of our belongings so we can tile everything.
Phones: $97.19 (Minutes for my phone, a car mount and a Bluetooth receiver)
Fun Money: $80 (40 each)
- Door Knobs/locks for all the new doors -- we bought more than we needed and will return the extras -- we wanted to be sure we would be okay for the knobs and locks.
Discretionary: (We planned to spend more than usual since we had the profit share check coming in and decided it was time to start a garden).
- $14.00 (three youtube movie downloads)
- $60 lipsence
- $10.80 running hip pack
- $8.51 Workout gloves
- $9.22 2lb walking weights
- $6.44 Shampoo
- $23.12 Ikea plastic cups (we tossed out our glass ones because we never use them with little dude anymore and they were taking up valuable kitchen space).
- $384.36 Garden
- Plants, seeds, containers, soil, green house, succulents.... the toddler is obsessed.... and Hubs is all obsessed over succulents... it's adorable. Apparently I can only grow food because all my flowers die... but all my veggie seedling are making the magic happen in our green house. Were going to have to pot them into their new homes soon.