I'm also starting to realize that its a lot harder to live off my income alone and we have been really grateful for all the overtime that I've been able to get from work (but the hours and the lack of time off are really starting to wear on me). A lot of occasional purchases just keep cropping up and we used to just cover them with fun money or budget them in when SCB was working, but now its becoming a lot harder to do.
But there may be some silver lining.
I didn't mention this, but a guy from my husbands church has an open position at his work and SCB applied. We think we may have a shot because its kind of a "hire by referral" so cross your fingers there!
Also, on Saturday I volunteered/worked a garage sale for Relay for Life and one of the gals who is on my event committee was there and I found out she works with Apple One, (another temping agency like Labor Ready, but you only get "in" by invitation)-- and she's inviting SCB! Apparently it pays to volunteer!
Here's our massive 2+ weeks of spending since the last time I reported it all.
- Walmart: $18.46
- Fresh and Easy $21.78
- Mortgage: $808.18
- Car Insurance: $2.82
- Target: $4.84
- Pen State Industries: $60.60 (wood turning)
- Red Robin: $44.00 (Date Night)
- Big 5: $3.00 (three cheap throw away hats for Marathon)
- Woot.com- 3 tshirts $19.98
- Hoa bill: $262.50
- Islands: $30.00 (Date Night)
- Kohl's: $32.33 (Used Kohl's cash for my Easter present-- a new dress)
- Amazon: $3.22 (replace broken charger)
- Costco:$30.75 (Groceries)
- Gasoline: $62.06
- Cell Phone Bill: $137.79
- Internet: $42.94 (The new discount applies to next month's bill)
- Walmart: $23.23 (kitchen broom, medical supplies, flip flops)
- Ralphs: $26.14 (Groceries)
- Prescriptions: $4.00
- 2012 Roth IRA SCG: $664.05 / $5,000.00 (13.29%)
- Emergency Fund: $12,047.10 / $12,500.00 (96.38%)
- Paying Extra on the House: $2.91 / $1,301.28 (2 additional mortgage payments).
- $1,000.00 Car Fund: $93.181 / $1,000.00 (9.31%)
- 2nd Roth IRA: 15% $0 / ? We're just aiming to put 15% of what SCB earns in this account.