Some of the goals are financial, some personal, and some are just fun and practical, but I find that I work a lot better and stay focused when I have a good list of things I'd like to accomplish over the course of the year.
My 12 for 2012
- Put $5,000.00 into a Roth IRA for me.
- Add $1,200.00 to our emergency fund.
- Pay 2 additional mortgage payments this year.
- Open and put in $5,000.00 into a Roth IRA for South County Boy.
- Save $1,000.00 to start a "new car" fund.
- Change the rest of my accounts, etc to my new last name.
- Loose and keep off 15 lbs.
- Finish a Marathon.
- Read at least 6 books.
- Crochet a sweater.
- Attempt to bake/cook 12 new recipes.
- Attempt a small vegetable garden on my patio this spring/summer.
Additionally, while we were out in Utah over Christmas we started the process to get SCB's old shoplifting violation sealed so he can have a better shot at looking for a job closer to home that doesn't shut down for 2 months out of the year (more on that later this week, I promise.)