Monday, August 8, 2011

The return of the monday link love:

I finally got around to slowly catching up on blog posts from around the "blog-o-sphere" so its time to hit up a little link love. Here are some of my favorite posts I found this past week:

  • The Happy Homeowner brought us, No Happy Meal for you: this post reminded me to be thankful for the sacrifices my mom  made while we were growing up... I may not have the best relationship with her now, but I have to be thankful for all the lessons I learned while I was little and the sacrifices she made for my sister and I.
  • Stupid Sense brought us, Personal finance lessons from harry potter and seeing that SCB and I went to see the movie on our honeymoon, I had to plug this!
  • Small Notebook brought us, Perceiving... so simple, yet so fantastic. :) makes me appreciate the simple things in life.
  • Punch Debt in the face brought us, Are you emotional? Apparently the Dow plunged over 500 points in a single day and i'm only learning about it now... Guess that's what happens when I miss a week of talk radio and i don't have any mutual funds and real assets in the market right now. Have we noticed its been a while since I posted our retirement updates???? Well now that Mission Roth IRA is starting back up they should be coming around more often.
  • Money Beagle brought us, Debt deal fallout... thankfully something I don't have to deal with since I didn't get the break in the first place... but its some food for thought. 
  • Homeowner by 30 brought us, i finally opened a roth ira, and that's just something to celebrate!
  • Give me my 5 bucks back brought us, disputing another credit card charge, a nice reminder to be on top of your finances... Vigilance my friends. 
  • Afford Anything says, we should spend "less time worrying about the nation's finances and more time thinking about your personal pocketbook."- Check it out here: Stop Worrying  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including me in this list; I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my post!!

    ReplyDelete