Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bachelorette Party Update

I thought all the bugs for the bachelorette party were worked out... but alsa they are not and as I type this i'm on the phone with my Maid of Honor and my Bridesmaid (The queen of the glue gun).
 
I had to listen to my sister yack for a half hour about how no one is responding to her email about who's paying for what and what the final plans are (since she needs everything decided "like today" because she's going out of the country on that trip she planned so I wouldn't get married in June)... and when i asked her if She told the girls that she was leaving for her trip THIS Friday their was silence on the phone. Apparently she expects my friends to be psychic. 

So I had to listen to her yack on and on about how my party is going to "totally suck" and "be lame" because she's not really planning it since she's not "in the bridal party"... and how no one will return her emails about whos paying for what because shes not going to pay for it since shes "not in the bridal party"... yadda yadda... 
 
Here's a snip-it of our conversation, post ramble:
  • ME: "okay, thanks... So I just have one question for you. What do you want me to do considering i'm not planning the party and I haven't read the emails you are talking about because its supposed to be a surprise?"
(Cricket Cricket)  

  • ME: "Do you want me to give them a call and ask them to check their email... or would you like their numbers so you can call and chat with them yourself?"
(Cricket Cricket)

  • Sister (with attitude): "I shouldn't have to call and faciliate this whole thing cause i'm not your maid of honor... Just don't do anything..."
  • ME: "Then why did you call me?"
  • Sister: "Look, I have to go, i'll call you later..."
Apparently she just wants to:
  • make me worry about things I shouldn't have to worry over...
  • make me feel sad for my friends that they have to deal with her...
  • annoy me by trying to make me feel guilty that shes not my Maid of Honor... or a bridesmaid... yet every time she pulls this stunt I'm glad SHE'S NOT in the party actually. (Mind you, i'm also not in HER bridal party and i'm not complaining).
So I called up my MOH and my bridesmaid, asked them to check their email when they could to reply and I explained that she was leaving the county for the trip that was originally designed to screw up the wedding (they both were like, "oh ya, we remember that one now, lol") and they both told me not to worry because my sister is a twirp. The Queen of the glue gun is more than willing to deck her for me at the wedding if need be... Actually, my entire bridal party has let me know on seperate occassions individually that they are not above hair pulling and tossing her out if need be. 
 
I have the best friends ever! They told me not to worry one iota because its all handled.
 
So it looks like we will be hanging out by my sisters pool the Saturday before the wedding for the afternoon (Keeping me covered in sun screen and a big hat so I don't burn but tan nicely in a bathing suit that works with the wedding dress so I don't get horrible tan lines), then changing into night clothes to hit a kareokee bar for dinner and drinks. Sounds uber fun to me! I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. you have entirely too much drama. elope. get it over with and move on, without the drama. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we hadn't made our payments to everyone we would have just gone down to the courthouse with our bridal party and got hitched and then partied...

    I would do everything 100% differently if I had a second option.

    ReplyDelete