Thursday, January 27, 2011

My mother is shocked and horrifed I might use public transportation...

I was talking with my mother on the phone about how Keith and I could get by on one car if we can't get his to older car to pass California SMOG standards... and she was horrified that I was considering taking public transportation ... She apparently didn't understand that its "keith and MY" issue, not just "his" problem. She apparently doesn't understand what being "partners" really means....

Either way, apparently we will be able to have "keith drive her truck" ... so i'm spared public transportation. (her words not mine)

If keith wasn't considering some jobs where a truck would be handy, i'd take the bus to spite her... But this is what I get for living in Orange County... but i'm greatful for the offer. We had talked before about us buying the truck from her for about $4,000 or $5,000 if we needed to, so essentially she would be lending it to us until we could buy it outright from her.

While my mom apparently has a problem with her daughter taking the bus, she doesn't have a problem with public assistance... to which she's hinted that Keith and I should "check out" because she has no idea how we will possibly survive without it.

Thanks for the vote of confidance mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment