Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bridesmaid & MOH... what to get them....?

I've been pondering for a while about what to get my three bridesmaids and my maid of honor as thank you gifts for being apart and helping me with everything wedding and married related.

First and Foremost, I like my friends. I wanted to be nice to my bridesmaids/MOH. I wanted them to be comfortable, get something flattering, and within their budget. I want them to feel pretty! So I took a very laid back approach.

When we went to the store to look at dresses, I had them get the same color, but i let them pick their own style. The lady in the store recommended cotton dresses (they breathe and you can wash them in the regular washing machine) since it was an outside summer wedding and she recommended knee length to in case we hit some high outdoor temperatures. As a perk, they had pockets for stashing last min things which would be great the day of. (one of my bridesmaids already has three other events she can wear the dress to post wedding so she was way excited with them). We also went with Black shoes and accessories so two of them wouldn't have to spend $50+ buying new shoes if they didn't want to.

But I know dresses and alterations can be pricey. I told one of my bridesmaids that she didn't need to get a dress at that store, but could go else where since she is having travel expenses too. I think she wants to go to David's Bridal as well, but I wanted her to have the option.

But on to the subject of the post. I wanted to get the girls something they could use during the ceremony (the necklace and earrings set), but I also wanted to get them something they could use after the wedding that would be practical... but not something that's so wedding centered that they can't really find a use for it without it being out of place. So veto-ing the mono-graphed "bridesmaid t-shirts" or or beaded handbags that say "bridesmaid" on them... I was coming up dry for ideas.

Them I found these on Amazon:


Keith's mom has an embroidery machine... so she could put the girls initials or their names on each of the bags... Its pretty close to the wedding color so they could put the necessities they would need for the day in them.... and then after the wedding they could have a cute beach tote with their name on it or something.

And, I found them for an amazing price. I can get 4 for under $25.00 with shipping! I checked the comments from the people who had bought them and a few people have had them embroidered and given as gifts too and people seem to think the quality is really great for the price.

Now its participation time folks...
If you were a bridesmaid/MOH, what would you like to get as a gift? What have other people given you in the past that you liked, didn't like? What did you give out at your wedding?

1 comment:

  1. I have been in 3 weddings (2 as moh) and all spent around $100 per girl on gifts. I got jewelry and jewelry box for one, my room paid for at the fancy 5 star resort plus supplementing our hair/makeup costs, and the best was a high quality heart rate monitor. This bride was smart and bought me a practical gift since she knew I would rather have that than something I would never use. I use the hrm daily and think of them each time I put the chest strap on. You also do not have to get them the same thing and can instead tailor to their unique tastes.

    ReplyDelete