Sunday, January 9, 2011

my car is back in the shop

Ya... I got my car back on Thursday night and went home. I drove to work (less than 10 miles from my home), and while working I had to drive to another facility (2.5 miles away), and the engine light went back on.

So now my car is back at the dealership, i'm driving a free rental car, and they won't be able to tell me what's wrong with it until Monday because a guy had to come from the "division" because my car has been "in" for the same issue 3 times.

I really hope whatever is wrong with it is covered under the warranty... and that I get my car back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, this sounds horrible! It sounds to me like the dealership should either get rid of the car or get it fixed on their own money if they want to avoid customer complaints getting worse. Did you get this car back? And if you did, I hope you haven't encountered problems with it since?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Eventually they fixed it at their cost and everything has been fine with our Camry... with the exception of the gas tank issue that came up.

      They ended up having to replace the WHOLE gas tank at their cost because something was wrong and they kept diagnosing the problem wrong.

      If I ever buy a USED car from the dealership again, I'll pony up for the extended warranty on a Certified used car. I'm so glad I did with my Camry.

      Now that the warranty is up, we take it to a local mechanic we trust.

      Delete