Saturday, August 7, 2010

EMERGENCY FUND UPDATE

I got rid of my Auto/maintenace fund... I figure if I didn't use it for the last set of car emergencies, I probably wouldn't use it for the next set of emergencies either... and since AUGUST as a no spend month (and by nature a simplifying month), i deleated the account and transfered the money into my emergendy fund account as that is my most important goal right now.

Emergency Fund Savings Places:

Sallie Mae Savings (1.40%) $100.11
Sallie Mae CD's (3.00%) $200.14
BOFA Checking $1,200.00
ING Checking $1,000.00
Emergency Fund (1.10%) $6,551.65
EF CD (2.00%) $200.00


GRAND TOTAL: $9,251.90

Other $$$$$

Wealth Builder (All interest from 2010 minus sallie mae) $92.02
Bonds: $456.16
Christmas Fund $350.00
Car Tax Bill 2011 $170.00
Costco/AAA Bill 2011 $50.00
Insurance $$$ $520.60

Other: $1,638.78


Current NET WORTH: $56,208.21 (looks like i'm on target to meet a networth of 60,000.00 by the end of the year!!!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever feel like you have too many banking accounts? I used to have a checking/savings at one bank, a checking/savings at another, and an online savings account at a third. Nevermind the various credit cards and investment accounts.

    At the end of last year I refinanced my house and finally closed all of the checking and savings accounts at the banks my mortgage wasn't with. Sure I lost out on some slightly larger interest rates, but the peace I have with not having money all over the place is worth the few dollars in lost interest.

    I really identify with your blog, so if you're ever feeling stressed about where your money is, it might be worth considering consolidating some accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!! a lot of the time I do.. Last year I closed a bunch of accounts at IGOBANKING because it was only slightly higher than ING Direct... and i was tired of logging into a bunch of accounts every month to keep track.

    In a weird way i'm kind of minimizing accounts right now... but still keeping multiple institutions. Eventually my Emergency fund will be all at Sallie Mae, I'm just slowly moving it over and splitting it between cash and CD's... for the time being till I get a handle of it.

    As for the Sub accounts at ING... I'd be lost without them for different bills... and sometimes it's worth the tons of accounts if there all at one place.... and I do all my regular banking with ING. I only keep BOFA because My Paychecks are direct deposited and I want one Brick and Mortar bank... and my mortgage is with BOFA so its really easy to pay online, and its walking distance from my condo.

    ReplyDelete