Monday, August 9, 2010

Kohl's got the better of me...

So Sunday rolls around... the last day of the HUGE sale at Kohl's )no sales TAX, and an extra 15% off everything... plus sale prices) that i'm avoiding because its a no spend month... and I'm doing laundry... and one of my bras got completely ruined cause it accidentally got put in the dryer (it was hiding in one of my bath towels)...

So I decided to make an exception and go to kohl's...but before you chastise me, I told myself I wouldn't buy anything until I went through the massive closet... So i spent some time finishing all my laundry and making a list of things that needed replacing due to wear and tear... and tossed out a few things I no longer wear, and put a bag of clothes that didn't fit in another closet for donating later (if i don't drop 5lbs and love the stuff again).

I figured I might as well buy the few things I need this month when they are on sale, then wait and pay wayyy more money next month just to prove a point (and i didn't blow all kinds of cash in Vegas last month which paid for the traffic ticket, AND my car won't be costing me money after all AND I'm puppy sitting this month too so the emergency fund will still grow AND rules were meant to be broken ) =D

So what did I get and how much did I spend?:

2 bras
One top to match a skirt I already owned (and had nothing that would match it)
Gym Top for the LA Marathon (I begin training next month and last years will not cut it again)
New Shorts (for Marathon Training)
Gym Capri's (for work)

When I got to the register I opened a Kohl's charge card to get an additional $20% off on top of my coupons... I saved $112.24 and spent $43.24 with Tax and everything.

Then I turned around and wrote a check to pay the credit card bill 2 seconds later =D

No comments:

Post a Comment