Friday, July 2, 2010

The stock market

the stock market is in downward spiral mode and everyone is afraid of a double dip recession/depression. They say to be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy... normally i'm very risk adverse, but i'm young that i'm willing to take the gamble these next few months and see where the market takes me.

I originally sold my first chunk ($500) of ING at $7.94 a share... Then sold at $8.32 ($500)and $8.32 ($500.00) again.

I've decided that I'm waiting till I sell off all of ING Moderate to move my account to Vanguard. Once that account is liquidated, I'll sell all of ARDVX in one go and transfer the $$$$ to Vanguard (with $3,000.00 going to VFORX) the rest i'll slowly trickle in from a money market account linked into it.

I've also decided I won't sell the ING Moderate funds below $8.15 with the only exception being if the account goes into a green. So I might have those funds for awhile... = (but i'd like to make Vanguard my new account for the start of 2011... so well see how long i'm willing to hold out.)

I'm also still buying ARDVX every time the market goes down ($100.00 at a time) with the $$$ I got from selling the previous shares asnd with new contributions if needed... but i'd like to avoid that if necessary as i'd like to hold off on depositing contributions into the account until all the money I originally sold has been used up. For the time being that money will stay in a savings account marked Roth IRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment