Thursday, March 25, 2010

refinance...

I got a call today from Wells Fargo... They wanted to try and get me to re-fi my mortgage with them... open a credit card... transfer debt to them.... and the whole nine yards...

I listened to the speeches from the guy (he was waaaaaayyy new I think because when I asked him my closing costs estimates he didn't know and said a few thousand....)

told him i had no debts and was actually waiting on my tax return from the feds to go ahead and pay off the loan balances with them and home depot... and when it came to my condo I told him I wasn't planning on staying forever so most likely, paying $3,000 to get .75 points lower then my current rate would not be financially sound as I'd be better off putting the $3,000 as a payment on my current mortgage since i already pay more then the minimum on that.

I think I shocked him due to my age and current understanding of my financial choices and all the options available.

Now if i find a company willing to reduce my rate and charge me no closing costs, then I'll consider the re-fi (basically the bank just wants the interest payments from the loan to go to them and not some other bank)... but right now I'm not even looking to re-fi

No comments:

Post a Comment