Thursday, March 25, 2010

Marathon...

I FINISHED!!!!! in 7 hours and 40 mins!!!! the goal of under 8 hours was reached!!!!!!

I'm currently down with the flu or some kind of bug that hit me today... so i feel like poo... but post marathon i had a few blisters and swore never to do it again... I went through one layer of my two layer socks!!!

Then i looked through the pictures... and started saying "maybe next year since I'll have more time to train...." and the next day I could move around... and the Tuesday after i biked a half hour and hit the stair master for 10 mins... and I'm basically back to normal... but I'm not going to walk or job till Sunday just to be sure... especially since I'm not under the weather (and my nose runs like Niagara Falls and my head wants to explode)

then i got an email about being a new "legacy runner" for the new route... so if I do it next year I'll walk jog it and try and finish in under 7 hours.... so well see. =)

My team is $22 short of raising the $2,500.00


DONATE HERE


but i made it and got my happy medal and everything.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is one awesome accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats.. you did something a lot of people will never do - you completed your 1st marathon. Lol, you are probable now hooked - hummm can i do it just a little bit faster next time... I know the feeling... but due to health i'll do 1/2 marathons - 1-2 a year(not a lot of them in Alaska)... 3hrs 19 min... humm - i can do better -yeah i walk it.
    Again congratulations on completing your marathon

    ReplyDelete