Wednesday, October 28, 2009

KIVA UPDATE (for Taylor from Texas)

Its been awhile since i mentioned KIVA.ORG and micro loans in a while, so here's an update on my loans. I haven't made any new ones because i've been really busy, but I plan to when things settle down. (i did withdraw the funds from my account but i plan on putting them back when i get back into it. I was worried I'd forget to log in for a few months and loose it due to inactivity.)

I've "lent" $250.00 in my KIVA history, but i've really only put $150.00 in. (i've re-loaned the money when it gets repaid. I tend to find shorter loans so more individuals get "blessed" in the long run.)

When things settle, i'll return the money i've "cashed out" and begin making new loans again with it. Normally, I use the money I get back from my 2% CC rebate checks, but since overtime over the year was scare, I didn't contribute any more dollars to be lent. Just used the existing money to re-lend out. I can't wait to get back into KIVA again. Part of me feels like its a way for me to help "teach people to fish" istead of one time donations to help fight poverty and injustice. I'm a social justice radical at heart.


My loans:


Zenaida Daing
Farming, Sta. Josefa, Agusan Del Sur, Philippines
Paying Back
0% repaid (i'm paid in full at the end of the loan.)

Elizabeth Aidoo
Food Market, Wiawso, Ghana
Paying Back
49% repaid

Mobateli Plus Group
Manufacturing, The Democratic Republic of the Congo
Paying Back
100% repaid

Paz y Amor Group
Fruits & Vegetables, Dominican Republic
Paid Back
100% repaid

Dustmatov Eralboy
Livestock, Tajikistan
Paying Back
100% repaid

Seccelambras Group
Food Production/Sales, Peru
Paid Back
100% repaid

Rashidat Mumuni
Fish Selling, Nigeria
Paying Back
100% repaid

Karla Vanessa Montiel Barahona
Housing, Nicaragua
Paid Back
100% repaid

Eal Nub
Fish Selling, Cambodia
Paying Back
87% repaid

Atim Irene's Group
Medical Clinic, Uganda
Paid Back
100% repaid

1 comment: