Friday, May 15, 2009

Lots of stuff....

I’m buying back my old retirement…. Finally

The estimate is more then I planned for, but I’m going to have them deduct the money from my paycheck over the course of 2 years. It’s cheaper to deduct the money then to pay for the whole thing in a lump sum because I won’t pay taxes on the money if they take it out of my paycheck. It’s only $30 more to have them take it out over 2 years instead of one, and I like the smaller amount as it gives me more flexibility in my budget. It would cost me $1,620 to pay it in a lump sum, or $1,333.28 taken out over 2 years including interest. I have $1,000 saved up so I need to find 333.28 in my budget. They will take 30 something dollars from each check or something like that. It’s very do able and I get to buy 0.8 of a year of service… which is way nice because to buy a year now, is around $5,000.00

I’m planning on taking out what my paycheck is short from the $1,000 banked up so I need to find the 333.28 so my budget is still okay and I still have the same amount of money I’m used to having each check. Once my raise goes into effect, I’m going to change my state withholding back to zero so I don’t owe at the end of the year. This will probably eat most of my raise but well see what I end up getting when the paperwork is processed.


----- A little doom and gloom----
The economy continues to take its toll. I work at a smaller facility and, since every budget cut is on the table, so are the operating hours of a few of our facilities apparently.

I won’t loose my job if they cut the days we are open and I’ll still get 40 hours a week… but my hours will change. Just makes me wonder a bit about everything… and worry. If it gets down to layoff’s I’m going to freak out, but they say I’m “irreplaceable.”

To combat my worries, I think I’ll be changing the budget for June and July. There are a lot of savings goals I’d like to wipe out sooner rather then later as I also have a huge trip I need to save for come September/October (the 7 days in Florida)…

I think by August i should have everything nailed down... minus the expanding house down payment.

That being said, I’ll also be taking a mini vacation this June to remember why I’m working and saving so hard for my future. I’ll be hitting San Francisco for the first time ever to see a drum line show (mainly for my boyfriend who loves that sort of thing) and the golden gate bridge and San Fran for me. We’re going with 2 other friends and splitting gas and the hotel costs so it will probably be around $30 bucks for gas, $50 for the hotel, and $30 for the show so $110.00 and I’m guessing about $40.00 for groceries since they are down for shopping at the grocery store and keeping it cheap. If I can get by with $150.00 for the three days it will be awesome. June is also our year and a half anniversary. So it will be nice to go do something.
I’m mainly taking the mini vacation break because it’s in the middle of my work’s summer season, and summer is the busiest time since I work in Recreation… so if I don’t take a break, I’ll crack and loose all sanity so it’s a win win.

Boyfriend also applied for 10 different jobs over two days. He’s finally kissing contractor land goodbye and I’m soooooooooo proud of him. he just can't handle contractor taxes and its nice that he's finally applying. He’ll take anything for a stable paycheck coming in and he’s excited about prospects. I hope he gets something. He actually wants to stock shelves and a few places are hiring for that. He likes to organize and not deal with people that much.

We know that the goals for May were to save money for the b-day party, pay my speeding ticket 283 with traffic school (I’m never coasting down a hill in neutral to save gas again…), put $120 in my car emergency fund, and $695 into the house down payment fund. That’s all scheduled to work according to plan. With my new desire to knock everything out in the next months following, the budget for June: (you’ll notice I’m going to put all the money down for my renter’s insurance premium which frees up about 10 bucks a month because I find it a hassle to put that amount away each month.)

June 1295.85 A CHECK
Laundry 20.00
Food & Basics 100.00
Gas and Car 100.00
Car insurance 71.67
Water & Gas & Electric 70.00
Cell Phone 55.00
Offering 34.18
Fun 50.00
Rent 795.00
-----------------------
Invisiline 800.00
San Fransisco 150.00
Xmas & B-day 50.00
Offering 6.40
Car Emergency Fund 130
Renters Insurance 85.97
Wedding 73.48


July 1295.85 A CHECK
Laundry 20.00
Food & Basics 100.00
Gas and Car 100.00
Car insurance 71.67
Water & Gas & Electric 70.00
Cell Phone 55.00
Offering 34.18
Fun 50.00
Rent 795.00
------------------------
Work Retirement 333.28
Wedding 780.33 puts account at $1,000
Xmas & B-day 100.00
Offering 6.40
House Dp 75.84

No comments:

Post a Comment