Sunday, July 20, 2008

A few things...

On Gas...
One day a week I have to work at a different facility and its a mile or so closer to my house... =) hey man, every bit helps... I'm also going to pull $140.00 out of my checking account on Aug 1st for gas... I'll keep cash in my wallet to avoid the 45 cent charges that are starting to become the norm at a lot of the stations here...

Always have a resume...
Apparently my work is starting eligibility lists for internal promotions for the positions directly above my current one... I had to spend 3 hours answering supplimental questions for the interview and trying to update my resume... I'm going to re-do the resume today... Who knows, promotion??

Knowing when to remind your boss that he's had the paperwork for your review 3 months...
Not on the day the facility has a lot of issues... i was going to mention that my review was yet to be processed on friday... but a buch of punk kids were messing around the facility after hours and my boss was on the phone with the police for a while. But in my questioning around... apparently there is a review thats 6 months late for one of our employees.... I turned in my paper work a month early... so mines only 2 months late as of now... I'll send an email to him today (today its 3 months on his desk).

3 comments:

  1. On the different work location - check your company's policy about paying mileage from your primary work location to an alternate work location. Mine pays the difference between the two buildings - when I work at my alternate location its only 2 miles from my house, but I get to claim the 13 mile difference between the two. They pay me $15 a day, and I dont drive as far! Something to definitely check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my work pays for any travel I make after i arrive at work... but i never thought to ask about travel there... I know if i drive to a conference i get paid for my drive time, plus mileage reinburstment both ways,...

    but i'm not sure about between the centers... Our centers are all with in 3 miles of each other... and we only get 55cents a mile in reinburstments.... since its closer to my home then my other job I think i'll keep quiet for now... but if its the other way around, then i'll start asking about that.

    Thansk for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck if you decide to try for a promotion!

    ReplyDelete