Sunday, June 1, 2008

(yin and yang) The good and the Bad.

I'm definetly excited to say that the house downpayment fund is $2,126.34!!!!! But with the prospect of having to pay rent, the house saving will be a lot less then what i was actually planning on having. My end of month Goal for June was to clear over $3,000 and I assumed i'd max out my roth all at the same time... But things need to change now that my whole situation is changing.

The prospects are not to lavish for this month.
  • i'll still be short $271.00 in my roth...
  • My wedding fund is gone (that stimulus check went to the fridge)...
  • and we can't forget the $200.00 my Emergency fund is short because of the home furnishings I bought for the place (we added some cute bar stools+ patio furniture)
  • the house downpayment will be way low. 600 under my goal.
  • Gas is exploading and i have a road trip to yosemitee planned with my BF. But the trip is just what i needed so there are no complaints there.

But financially, i'll be facing some June gloom.

Here's what i'm going to do.
  • I originally wanted $1,000 padding as my mini emergency fund. I ended up with 1,200. I kept $500.00 in my electric orange account as padding and put $700 into a cd set to mature in September with the interest going towards the house. I did this because the interest rates were dropping like crazy and i didn't need my money as liquid. I'll take that extra $200 and put that into the emergency fund in September when the cd matures. So now its apart of the REAL Emergency Fund. Once the other cd's mature, i'll put them back as account padding now that my money needs to be more liquid with monthly rent payments.
  • I'm not going to save up for a wedding right now. I'm going to put that raise toward the house downpayment. My BF is actually getting the opportunity to go part time with his job with some set hours. he will be contract till the end of the year, but they want him to get his class B liscence and that comes with a pay raise. He's also going to start saving up for our future and his debts are getting smaller each month. So together well both be moving forward. I'll start saving for a wedding after he pops the question and we have a date in mind.
  • I'll play with the budget.

--If there is anything leftover in these categories at the end of the month, here's where its going:

  • groceries, laundry, water, eating out, electric, cell, and household= house
  • gas & fun= Yosemitee I'm paying for gas and the campsite. My boyfriend is doing food (and a nice dinner while we are there) + supplies (what we don't have we can hopefully borrow).
  • Overtime + Holiday Pay= ROTH (i'm trying to eliminate one thing at a time)
  • Poll worker pay= I'm working the polls for Tuesdays election. I'll send that money towards the Roth or the house (depends when i get compensated).

My new monthly goal is to pay for yosemitee with no worries and enjoy myself while i'm up there, get the house downpayment to at least $2,600.00, and make a list of the last few things i'll need in my apartment so i can budget to buy them slowly, or find them for dirt cheap.

1 comment:

  1. WoW! Fanatastic job on building up your house down-payment. Quite remarkable.
    Best of wishes
    *cheers*

    ReplyDelete