Friday, June 6, 2008

Payday!

It's always nicer to come to work after a few days off and remember that today is payday! woot.

With the minimal overtime and the holiday pay from last monday, I decided to put that extra toward the Roth, So July won't have to front as much cash-- As planned. I dropped it $179.74 so for July, i'll only have to put aside $91.27 into the budget to max out my roth..... to think this would all be taken care of if my boss would have just let me have that overtime... oh well.

To make my new goal for my house fund, i'll need to find $138.36

The nice thing, is that my rent will be lower then i thought for this month. It's $1450 which will cover July, not 1495. The new lease and the price agreements will start in Aug. I'm splitting the difference with my roommate so i'll only be sending a check for 775 (not 795) and she'll pay 675 (not 700). So that's only $118.36 to go.

I'm also cashing in all the recycle that the boyfriend and i have been collecting, and i'll roll all my spare change when i get back too... we've been saying we'd do it forever and i'm finally getting it done one way or the other.

=)

House DP Fund at: $2,461.64
Roth IRA Fund at: $4514.54

Gas is 4.39 a gallon.... and today i have to fill up... =(

3 comments:

  1. Hi I don't know you, but I wanted to say I've really enjoyed discovering your blog. Congrats on your house fund. I just started my own PF blog. I am really excited about it. Well, good luck! www.littlemissmo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that you're not moving in with your mom, you can get that scooter to help (drastically) save on gas right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I am not sure if you got my comment or not because my computer sort of froze up. So I'll leave it again. I just wanted to say I discovered your blog and have really enjoyed reading it. I think it is so great that you are saving for your own home. I just started a PF blog myself so right now I feel very enthusiastic about it. My grandma lives near you, in Rancho Santa Margarita. Anyway, if you'd like, check out my site and good luck with everything! http://www.littlemissmo.blogspot.com By the way my name is Maureen and I live in Phoenix, AZ.

    ReplyDelete