Sunday, June 8, 2008

unexpected...

I had my be-lated birthday gathering, and while most of the people didn't show up for some excuse or another, i had an awesome time with the 10 who did--- and its funny because the ten who showed up bent over backward to be there!!!! I have amazing people in my life!!!

We went to Bj's and had an amazing time-- great food and EXCELLENT Service. On my way out i told the whole front end to tell the manager that my server was great and it was the best time i'd ever had at BJ's.
Which is funny because a few nights ago i went to fridays and had such a horrible experience that i complained to the manager for the first time in my life. The manager gave us 5 free dessert coupons to use on other visits in hopes that we will come back. I spoke with him after we paid our bill and I still tipped the server 20% on my portion of the bill while i know my friends didn't... i didn't want him to think i was looking to get anything comped so we waited till we were done--- i know what resturants think of 20 year olds...) I'm only planning on going back for free dessert. I'm done with Fridays. and I Salute BJ's

Now i normally don't drink ever because of my mom... so i only have one drink when I do and its aways either at a special occassion or a back yard BBQ with lots of friends. I've never drank alone and never will. So to comeserate the night I finally tried their long island ice tea (i love it!) and my friend ordered me another one for funzies... well the bill came and we definently spent. I figured i'd chip in more to make sure the server was well taken care of. I figured i'd get it last and put whatever we were short on there-- Well the bill came my way and we were 80 short, so i asked if everyone had pitched in... Thankfully it hadn't gotten around to everyone (my relief) so the last couple was going to add theirs in and they wouldn't let me pay a thing!!!!! they covered the rest of it and then some even though tip was included. I kept making sure it was okay with them, and they insisted.

I was blown away frankly! and the night just kept getting better as it wore on. we went back to my boyfriends house and played loaded questions... it was awesome. Eventually as midnight was nearing i just started napping on the couch like normal (i'm always the first to fall asleep because of my early morning hours.) but it was an awesome night. I love my Friends!!!!!!!!!

----
on another note, i bought the Sunday paper for the coupons today since it stopped getting delivered... I might have to look into a subscription to get rid of the horrible 1.25 fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment