Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'M BACK!!!!!!

No I didn't fall off the face of the planet-- I got back from VaCaTiOn!!!!!

Yosemite was truly amazing (and expensive). While I was able to cram it all into the budget (a miracle in itself) gas was $5.29 a gallon there and the campsite was not where we thought it was... which meant driving 28 miles to the valley everyday... and even with that i was able to make it work....
BUT then I got hit with some things that mean i won't make my savings goals for the month...

Had to pay my roommate $60.00 to cover the barstools she bought... (budget still intact)

I had to buy some clothes to wear camping and to wear at work. It's summer and i basically owned no shorts and found out that the gym pants i'd been wearing to work had holes in them.... $80.00 later (because i found a pretty dress too) My budget was okay... but I had no wiggle room left this month and i was going to have to play out the pantry game if you know what i mean.... AKA can't spend a dime.

Then I get a letter from AAA... I called and they told me they never took off my multipolicy discount... and charged me $54.00 more...

Now i'm in the red for the month... So my roth won't get as far as i hoped it would, and my house dp probably won't grow anymore.

But my vacation and the pictures i took were worth it!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment