Monday, May 26, 2008

Apartment hunt begins....

I found an apartment on Craig's list/penny saver for $1,325 a month in MY city!!! Its a 2 bedroom, 1 bath (so smaller but cheaper then what i have now) and we pay Electric and Water. Water is a new bill, but the rent is cheaper then my old place so that should even it out. They even have a refrigorator included in the price (WOOT WOOT). It's only 2 miles further from my job then my old place (bonus)-- but walking to work is out-- but i could always drive to city hall, then walk the rest of the way from there.

My old apartment was a little over 1,000 square feet... this place is 789... but like i said, there isn't a second bathroom so that's were some of the space is going. It also has Washer dryer hook ups-- but i don't know if i'll buy a washer/dryer yet.

I'm taking a look at it today after work with the double so i'll let you know how its gonna go. But i don't know if this is too soon for her to make the leap from her parents time wise or if this is something she can actually afford. Were gonna discuss some of that today--- but she couldn't talk to her dad last night because his girlfriend was in town.

I called about another place in another area for around 1300 a month. Its larger (2bed, 2bath--900 sq Ft), but i'll eat the rest of the difference with gas to and from work. With the holiday, the guy probably won't get back to me until Tuesday if the place hasn't been rented out yet.

Someone at my college group said if this doesn't pan out, he might be able to set me up with a family from the church that has extra space. He also gave me the number of a friend of his to contact to talk about my mom. She's an ex alcoholic herself and now an alcohol and drug councilor. I'm going to run my "plan" by her and get some ideas--- give her the background, ect. I'll call her on tuesday.

It's moments like this that i wish my EF was a tad bit more liquid-- instead of in CD's... oh well.... of the 3,000 that's liquid--- i just transfered 1500 to my checking account to cover the security deposit and first months rent if the new place pans out or not-- with a little extra padding to turn utilities on if need be. This is assuming the double can afford it.

if she can't half me on everything and just do a straight 50/50 split--- then i'm going to look into other options.

1 comment:

  1. wow the apartment sounds great! i hope you like it and things work out with the roommmate.

    ReplyDelete