Saturday, May 24, 2008

The school of Hard Knocks

Groceries: $1.54 left
Water bill remains: $0.82
Gas $27.29
Household $1.78
Fun: $27.89

=$59.32

I'm going for a no spend week.... I'll eat out my pantry clean if i have too and to make sure i'm going to do it, i'm transfering the money there right now. I'll be fine on gas, and i'll just have to eat out my pantry. I'll make due. I have a few freebie coupons to some fast food joints for the few doubles i'm working next weekend... it will work. I can make 3 nice dinners with the meat i got at the store... i even have some oranges left.... it won't be too bad. I can always hard boil my eggs to take them with me to work if i have to. I'll fill some water bottles with some milk from my mom's house when she's not home and grab a couple canned veggies from the pantry (she buys 2 gallons of milk and ends up chucking one cause she can't drink it all before it goes bad... and doesn't cook ever so the canned stuff just sits there).

I guess deep down, I really want to get my "oh crap money" squared away. Its all going to make up what i'm short in contributions to my Roth and i need to make it up before i move. If i don't, I probably won't put anything more towards it after the move. I want to say i'm 22 and i've put 9,000 away for retirement already (2007 $4,000; 2008 $5,000). My mom has never put a dime away for retirement and I won't be like her.... I want to be prepaired for myself and my future hubby and family.

Oh Crap Money Now at: $32.01

I'm talking to my potential roommate (The Double) to see what she can afford, and how long she knows she'll be around for in terms of leasing options and prices (she doesn't care where we go)... I'll talk to my apartment complex after the holiday about the wait list for a 2 bedroom place. If i move into the apartment with the double i'll probably get a second job after summer (overtime at my work is nice) and maybe try and start as a cashier or bagger at a grocery shop and work to make up the money i won't be able to save for the house due to the rent payment.

I'm young, I can do it. I'll look at it like i'm going back to school... the school of hard knocks.

2 comments:

  1. I think working another job sounds like a much better situation than living at home with your mom. Really sorry to hear about that. I couldn't imagine if I didn't have my mom in my life or worse, had a bad mom in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, i'll probably find one after summer (my work shells out overtime like no ones business and 24 an hour is way better then 8)

    ReplyDelete