Saturday, March 15, 2008

HOW DARE SHE CALL HER CHEAP!

My sister, who has finally decided to pay off her Creditcards, budget, and move into an apartment with a roommate no less.... is finally being carefuly with money for the first time in her life. Straight from High school she got a 40 hour a week job and racked up the CC's not getting a college edu, but rather a wardrobe.Since then she's taken a second job (working as lead retail at a shop in the mall), and a large loan from my mom to help get things in order. She has also started paying that loan immediately back.

I'm angry because my sister called me in tears as her roommate called her cheap.
My sister bought a smaller thing of paper towels... and when questioned about it, she kindly pointed out that her roommates boyfriend lived there too (cause he moved in) and that he should chip in for some of that too..... She was then called cheap for the first time in her life.... and as an ex shop aholic... it stung deep......
Her roommate then went on and on about the one happy hour she took my sister to and paid for it (my sis had a bad day and when asked to go out told her she didn't really have the money to spend... so she offered to treat) and now basically through it in her face and was like "when's my happy hour..."
I can't stand that she would say that to my sister...

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm sorry to hear about your sister and her roomate's drama. That comment was probably unnessary. Unless your sister puts all her business out there for the world to know, her roomate would has no clue all that she's been through. Just tell your sis to be strong and not let ignorant comments like that get to her, especially now that she's getting her life back on track. Also, the situation with the new roomate (the bf) she needs to be careful or it will get messy. As I'm sure you know from the message boards at MSN! Best of luck to her!

    ~RCM

    ReplyDelete