Saturday, March 15, 2008

Gas Experiment

QUESTION:

Would I actually save money and gas by putting my car in neutral at stops, and anytime I went down hill?

So with the last few weeks of Febuary, I went ahead and filled my gas tank full, re-set the trip odometer and vowed to stick my car in Neutral at all stops and any down hills that I came to. I did this for the entire tank and waited until the gas light went on. I went 322.9 Miles, and had to put in 15.474 gallons of gas.... This mean that I ruffly got 20.8 Miles per gallon--- all city, no highway.

Then I went ahead and did it again, but this time i decided to drive normally to see what the difference was...

Lo and behold, I went 310.1 miles before the gas light came on... but only had to put in 14.35 gallons of gas.... This mean i got at least 21.6 miles per gallon ----all city, no highway....

So apparently, I get better gas milege by just trying to drive around normally...

No comments:

Post a Comment