Sunday, February 24, 2008

Auto Insurance Part Deux

I continued my hunt and called around:

EZ Insurance is a LIAR on price so they loose my business... I filed one of those internet search, typed in what I want and then they give me that email with a low price...$ 63.00 a month.... so I call to verify and they don't give me the type of coverage I asked for...

Progressive is also a LIAR for the same reasons, originally quotting $65.00 a month... but in the end, both companies quoted me around the same price as Mercury and AAA so they are scratched for lying. I like companies that are straight forward.

  • All State- too Expensive over $100 a month for a policy
  • Esurance- too Expensive over $100 a month for a policy

I called ahead with AAA and got a quote for dropping the extra extras and raising the deductible to $500.00 and killing the multiple policy discount.... it's now neck and neck between

  • AAA Approx: $87
  • Mercury Approx $87

I get car repair discounts (10%) with AAA at the dealership where I bring my Car to get serviced, and because I'm already a member, I might stay and keep them over Mercury if the price is the same.

But i'm not sure if the AAA quote takes into account that I'm a student or not... because I'm not anymore and i don't want that to change my current policy, although I've been honest and I told one of the reps once and they didn't do jack about it.... so i'm keeping my mouth shut till renewal time.

I'm still waiting on a quote from State Farm... and another smaller company will be calling me back on Monday. I really feel like i'm shopping around and I'm going to get the better deal in the end. WOOT for that.... and slow days at work when the boss man is AWOL for the day-- under the weather.

1 comment:

  1. With AAA, at least in NJ, I get a discount for having a college degree, that is better than the discount I got for being a "student" back in college. I think the discount is for 5 years. My college also has some sort group discount that I can get after the "college graduate" discount expires. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete