Sunday, September 2, 2007

i have a bad feeling

With the way things are going monetarily [which latley seems to be getting better, not worse which i'm thankful for]... i'm just waiting for the backlash. And by backlash, i mean the oh crap! I don't have enough to get through... ie the something horrible comes and the world flips upside down.

Now i could be paranoid... but i'm worried about the new roommate situation not fully working out...which in all likelihood, it should work out just fine... but i'm worried none the less... so far so good... but i have a bad feeling that B and D will have it out before the lease is up... and it might come down to a who leaves deal... like i said i could be paranoid... but ya.

So, looking at my manditory expenses every month, even with my rent being lower then before.... i'm not sure i'm really comfortable with the $379.00 a month for my dental work...

I'm really wondering if i want to play the "balance transfer game" any longer then needs be. Even though i have a payment plan worked in, Part of me really wants to have all that money put together ASAP incase something happens... that way i can just deduct the monthly payments from my savings accounts instead of using money allotted in the budget. Either way, the interest still goes to my efund... and 379 is a lot of money to half to set aside each month to make sure i won't pay back interest when the thing expires.

So, i've decided to radically "pay down the dental" [ie put the extra cash into savings] as apposed to saving more for other things... So my two main priorities for this year are stock piling the dental and getting that efund to cover at least 1 months total rent. Which should be way easier with an extra 200 a month from my rent. If i don't get that retirement fund where i want it, then i'll have a few months of next year to try and catch up with contributions... plus i should get a tax refund.

The first paycheck i get with the raise on it will go to my efund since that retro pay will be included on it.
After that check, anything over 2202 a month goes to dental.

No comments:

Post a Comment