Sunday, August 19, 2007

theres nothing to do at work... so i figured i'd run some numbers

There is NOTHING to do at work today... which is kind of pathedic. But there's like 2 people in the gym and one out at the pool... i'm going crazy and you can only clean the gym so often. So i turn to the blog...

I've been meaning to run some numbers for awhile, and they actually look better then i thought.

My 3 month's emergency fund[the crap i lost my job or can't work for 3 months] should really be $5,463 if i include just my expenses... $7,413.00 if i want to include my roommates portion of the rent. For now, i'll just aim for $5,500.

I looked online at potential properties i'd love to own... well assuming i have my 20% down payment... and running the numbers, i only need to save around $60,000... not 67,000..... i hope the market keeps this way for the next 2-3 years... =) i doubt it will though. but 60,000 is now the new target goal.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with reaching your goals. You're did a fantastic job paying down your car loan. I wish I was as wise as you are when I was your age...

    ReplyDelete