Saturday, August 18, 2007

keeping on track! It's time to run the numbers on those goals


Okay, i set some goals for where i want myself to be in at the end of the year financially... which is only a few months away... and its time to crack the numbers and see how i'm going to make this happen.


3 month emergency fund: year end goal $1,450.00 [aka- one months total apt rent.] if I keep everything at $50.00 a month, i'll still need $857.58 by Dec 31st. Not including overtime, i'll have $103.00 left over from my extra paycheck this month after i pay off my car and put that $300 back in my regular emergency fund that i used to get the toyota loan down to 517. So... if i add that 103 i'll need to find $754.58 -- I'll be retro paid in a few weeks for that raise of mine... hopefully this will dent a good portion...


Roth IRA [2,000 contributions] keeping contributions the same, i'll need to put in $425 extra.... man i wish i could max this out instead... poo... maybe the money fairy will give me 2 grand back from the government when i file my taxes... but i doubt that will happen. so for now... $425


Invisiline- to get the loan down to 2,000 grand, i'll need only $176 extra.


Pay off toyota... will have the money in 13 days... will have it paid off in 15!!!!


Net worth... now calculating this will be tricky... but here goes. if i hit all these goals and everything stays good elsewhere... i'll have a net worth of $17,689... but, i'll also have my tuition reinburstment check back... which means i'll clear the 18,000 in net worth mark!!!!!

so, between overtime, extra saving, and my raise and its retro pay, i need to make 1355.58 by the years end to do it all.... 3 words my fellow bloggers... Bring it on.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amy,

    I just wanted to let you know that I think your progress and motivation are awesome! I wish I had your financial sense when I was 21!

    I'm a fellow WIRR, so I decided to check out your blog - I just started my own personal finance blog this past week - in hopes to be a little more accountable.

    Check it out if you have time:
    http://payingforplaying.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Nice guess on the name, but i'm not Amy! [lol... i almost was, but me mum went with another choice!]

    i'll check it out. thnx

    ReplyDelete