Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dentist part deux

I go back to the dentist today for my second cleaning and i'm supposed to chalk up another 150 bucks for the left side of my mouth... but i think i figured out how to pay for the expenses... and keep my budget in tact.

For x-mas, my grandpa and my mom's sister gave me $200 which is suposed to go towards a Disneyland annual pass. (i've gotten this present for many years and i do love disneyland)... but i think i might forgo my pass and use this cash for the bill.

Reasons why:
  1. My old pass isn't expired yet (i have about a week... left... but no real desire to go... i love to go during x-mas and i didn't even go once)
  2. when i have free time and i'm not blocked out, i don't really go... its been months since i've gone.
  3. This whole "winter" break when i've actually had time when i could go, and wasn't blocked out, I didn't go...
  4. i know i won't go when i'm busy with school... I didn't this last symester...
  5. plus, a lot of my friends don't have annual passes anymore, and its not much fun by urself in all honesty...
  6. I figure if i regret my decision, i can start taking some of my fun money and put it aside for a pass and get it a couple of months down the line anyway

So i'm going to use the disneycash for my dental bill... I figure eventually i'm going to have to use it because the dental bills are going to just keep coming... It won't be free to remove my wisdom teeth... it won't be free to have another tooth pulled.... and if i can afford it, i might decided to get braces again because i do want straighter teeth and i think i'd rather do the braces again at 20 then at 28 if you know what i mean.

While it kind of bites about the dental bill ... just the fact that i am able to deal with it makes me feel better about moving out. . . I have a small e-fund i could use... i could mesh around the budget for the cash... i could just not use my overtime for my car and pay the dental bill with that... Just the fact that i can deal with a $300 expense that i hadn't planned on is making me feel far better about leaving behind the life where mommy could bail me out and make me feel guilty for all eternity.

Some day down the line, i'll re-adjust the budget to give some money for medical and dental purposes... maybe if i end up making over 1,000 a paycheck... [i won't count on this... but it could happen]

No comments:

Post a Comment