Wednesday, December 20, 2006

toyota

I got my bill for my car... which isn't due for a few months and i noticed something.... they upped my amount due for the month... i think i need to call them... (they didn't change the payoff date... and they regular monthly payment is listed... but this amount is a few dollars more... i'm going to call them today.

Contract Type: Retail
Original Amount Financed: $13,623.75
Scheduled Maturity Date: 06/30/2011
Number of Extensions: 0
Monthly Payment Amount: $278.82
Annual Percentage Rate (APR): 8.25%
Last Payment Received Date: 12/12/2006
Last Payment Amount: $360.18
Next Payment Due Date: 08/30/2007
Next Payment Due Amount: $299.60
Past Due Payments: $0.00
Late Charges: $0.00
Miscellaneous Charges: $0.00
Total Amount Due: $299.60

Ya, that's the part that doesn't seem right... and their finance people don't get in till 10:00am... but i have names and numbers and will call until the end of no mans land.



--------------EDIT---------------------

called toyota... got another number and called them...

What they did was add July's bill to August's bill because July was only $20....... lol When i called the first number and told the lady when my bill was due, she was shocked i'd paid so far inadvance... SHOCKED... So was lady number 2.... and it took her forever to subtract 278.82 from 299.60 by the way.

I also double checked to make sure that everything i paid over my monthly payment went to principle and it does... phew.

I also called them about reducing my interest, current 8.25% and they informed me that they offer no refinance programs... So i might pop down to BOFA or some place and look into getting a better loan.

Know of any good places to get a loan for $10,000???

______________EDIT____________________

I was browsing online and i found this:
Refinance an auto loan from BOFA 6.79% (mind you i'd have to fill out the application)
------> I'm paying 8.25% now... right now i'm going to browse some more...but i believe i might just apply for this one on friday. (which is pay day for me.) The day i will hopefully owe under 10,000 in debt.

I also called Wells Fargo looking for a round about figure without filling out the app.... the guy started with 11-20%... when i told him that the auto place gave me 8.25 he was like oh well, it would be lower then that...Guess i won't know until i start applying for the loans...

If i do multiple applications in the same day will it ding my Credit Score?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, try a credit union near you. I just negotiated a deal for my brother for a new car at 5.99% APR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, new car APRs are slightly lower, but the point is local credit unions are ready to lower APRs..so give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fill out one app on lending tree.com
    and you will get several loan offers. This sounds like the commercial but it's true. I filled out one application, in less than 30 minutes, 3 places called my cell or work phone and got more info. I had offers in my email the same day with the terms of loans.

    ReplyDelete