Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Raise + work

Apparently, i will be getting my 6 month raise after all... (probably a merger 3%) it was just pending all this time caught up in paperwork somewhere... And i'll be getting retro pay for all this time it should have been in effect.... which will all go to the auto loan.

and on top of that raise, the city wide raise will go onto of that. SWEET. I might end up making 2,000 after taxes a month! woot. (about an 80 cent raise in total an hour i believe)

Sadly... i won't be working 16 hours of Overtime over the holidays. If i did the math right, i think its 11 hours, but i'm not sure. could be less... i'm never sure how any of it works anymore. (the shifts were redistributed in an effort to stay better inline with the rec budget) i get why... why pay me 20 bucks an hour when they can get a kid to do it for 8... (because there is already a super on duty.)

and part of me is unsure about biking to work... the mornings are really really cold. While it would be really good exercise... part of me doesn't know, especially since i'm thinking i need at least a 7 speed bike and the price in my head was for a 3 speed... I'm going to check out walmart and target. (i don't mind the walking home when exhausted and up the big hill part on the way to work....) but doing that in 45 degree weather and letting the wind from the cars eat me alive... i'm thinking maybe i should wait till summer and do it then. but who knows...

I'm just excited for the double raise~!!!!
---> if i end up making more than 2,000 i'm going to take that money and add it to my church offering.... until its 10%... and if there's any more over that, to the auto payment. (but i doubt i'll make over $2,000.00)

It's only an increase of around $120 bucks a month... and i have no idea with the taxes being taken out too.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the raise !:)
    Hope you have a good Christmas ahead.

    ReplyDelete