Monday, December 11, 2006

a new outlook

With finals around the corner and a sense of normalcy returning... I've decided to take a new outlook on life.

Welcome to the land of Positive. While i know it won't happen over night, i used to be a really positive ray of sunlight... and truth be told. I don't want to dwell anymore in the negative. I want to rediscover myself... Smile more... and enjoy the world around me. At 20 i should be smiling and having fun, not sad.

So what was good about today?
  1. I didn't have to Lifeguard today at work. I got to stay in a nice warm building with a coffee pot and X-mas Lights and listen to a couple of X-mas songs as I opened the place up.
  2. I got to see a wonderful painting as the sun came over the mountains from my desk at work. (maybe i'll take a picture of it WED)
  3. It rained the last couple of days when i was inside (so i didn't get wet) but it washed my car off a bit... and left the air smelling good.
  4. And i decided to get serious about loosing weight. A small step. Normally when i make my coffee in the morning, i dump a package of Hot Chocolate in first, then poor black coffee and stir... well this morning i took a Spoonful of the Chocolate powder out of the bag and put it in the trash... It always tasted too chocolately to me anyways. I think i'll slowly cut back till i get a taste that is manageable and less caloric. (small steps.) Eventually i want to start moving towards decaf and eventually be caffine free. I also brought clothes to work out in afterwork since i work at a gym.
  5. A long time ago... i joined a program for Over eaters... and i learned a lot about my eating habits... (enough to loose 30 lbs and keep it off for over a year) and i think i'm really going to nail this last 10 lbs... maybe even go so far that i won't let myself move out if i don't hit the 130's... talk about motivation... beside's packing boxes... now there's walking the block or hitting the gym when i'm angry...
  6. The final X-mas presents are paid for... I only spend $178.97 on XMAS... that alone is something to smile about.

No comments:

Post a Comment