Sunday, December 31, 2006

Jan 07 budget begins

I went a did a little grocery shopping because i had a few coupons that were going to expire if i didn't! I ended up finding a dollar on the floor... that never happens, but i smiled, looked around but no one was there, so i pocketed it... a nice bonus for the day....

but the January budget begins now.

Food: spent $15.39; Left $134.61
  • Brown Rice 4.99
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Chicken pot pie .48
  • Honey mustard dressing 1.50
  • peanut butter 1.99
  • canned lite pears 1.00
  • canned lite pears 1.00
  • eggplant chicken meal free with coupon
  • mushrooms 2.49

Basic Necessities: Spent $1.73 Left $48.27

  • toothpaste 1.73 (coupon plus an extra buck off...)

I also bought 2 more books for class from Amazon.com. I used my CC gift reward there so for the two books i ended up paying only $23.39 including tax and shipping. They should get here a couple of weeks into January. I took the cash from my Emigrant account to cover the books. Looks like i have to buy books for 2 cal-state classes left and one for HIU independent study.

3 comments:

  1. Cuponds? The word is spelled 'coupons'. You are in college? No one's EVER going to hire you if you can't spell even the most basic of words. 'Cuponds' let us know right off the bat that this blog wasn't worth reading. Plenty of other spelling errors. Later, illiterate one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! love the anons, always have something worthless to say.

    Happy New Year!!

    I will try some budgeting this year. Will not be as structured as your plans, but I plan on following some of them.

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete