Friday, December 15, 2006

An interesting run in with my parental

not to ruin my positive trend... but i feel i should let you be informed... my mom is once again "upset" with me.... but i'm still smiling because her insanity is now becoming funny to me...

Here's the story

Last week i asked if we were doing anything for my sister's birthday ( the 13th)... Normally we do dinner sometime before or after a member's birthday... whenever its convient for everyone else. I kind of dislike the family brithdays. We go to really expensive resturants and i always feel uncomfortable because my mom expects me to order prime rib.... appatizers and the whole nine yards.... and we always get into fights over where to go... but i've always gone... nodded and put on a smile. This year i asked if we where doing anything so i could give heather notice that i wouldn't be going dancing this week. (this is also finals week by the way... and dancing is an amazing stress releaving activity)

i was told that nothing was planned. I asked again a couple of days later... and got the same answer. So i told heather we where all set to go.

Well Tuesday rolls around and my sis starts being really really mean. To the point of morally degrading really. ( i would have packed another box but i packed an extra one last time)... just a lot of personal attacks... She stole something of mine... lied about it.... got caught.... and didn't care one bit.

But after i called her a brat and rejoiced with the fact that in a little over a year i'd be gone outta here, (i throw this around to help break the blow to my mom that i'm serious about moving out... she's really attached to messing up my life apparently...) she asked if i was going to dinner with them for her birthday tomorrow....

tomorrow... apparently they decided to make plans and not tell me.

Well i told her that i wasn't coming because she was rude... and i had other plans...

I didn't go, went dancing instead and had a good time... ( i was finals studying at the club... litterally cracking the books during the crapy songs/dances i didn't know... it was really a good time)

Why mommy is pissed:
  • well my mom is angry at me for not going... not caring about my sister

  • She also was pissed that i didn't call my sis before 8am to wish her happy birthday on her brithday.....-----> ( i left the house at 5am for work and i wasn't going to wake her up!) but my mom called me cell, yelled something like: CALL UR FREaKING SISTER AND WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU HORRIBLE SELFISH DAUGHTER OF MINE.... something like that... i kindly ended the conversation... hung up and called my sis... (i told her why i hadn't called earlier... I thought she took the day off and was sleeping).

  • I also apparently gave my sis the wrong gift... I bought her the purse she wanted for her birthday... (the one she argued fit into my budget when it really didn't) and for X-mas i got her running shoes and another bag she picked out... Apparently according to my mom my sis wanted the shoes.... It doesn't matter that on her birthday, in the same phone call in which i called to wish her a happy brithday and to tell her i'd leave her present on the table so she could open it with moms.... i asked her what she wanted to open for her birthday... she said she really didn't care what to open, so i told her i'd leave her original birthday present on the table, the purse.... but i'm an inconsiderate brat...

My mom is nuts... and i think i'm done dealing with her... from now on its nodds and avoidance... I guess its just really hard to work/live/deal with a tippsy crazy woman...

but amazingly enough i found the story hilarious... what about u? I think i need to keep busy so i don't run into her much. i like that plan

1 comment:

  1. This is the very reason that I have lived thousands of miles, and a few states away from my parents since 19.

    Granted I would not be in debt now, had I stayed home, I probably would have been institutionalized, and that is no lie. My mental clarity is priceless to me.

    ReplyDelete