Saturday, December 9, 2006

I went to Costco... i spent a lot of money.... but it was within budget

I think i figured out what i'm going to to with the "odds and ends" (stuff that's left over from some of the budget categories... that i don't want to send over to the Car incase one month i go over or what not). This month i chose not to budget $80.00 and i'm glad i didn't because i forgot about the X-mas party. But i think if i consistantly keep under budget(in the food, necessssities, and Fun/Lux categories), then i will use this money eventually to buy stuff for the new place. That way i'll have some kind of "hopeful" decorating fund without robbing my e-fund later on... and some different motivation for cutting back on these categories.

I really want to take my car and get it washed... i know its a waste of money... but i feel the need to remind myself why i'm okay with signing the dotted line on my auto loan... and to appreciate my car... If i have any money left over in my gas category... i'll take my car to the car wash in a couple of weeks when schools out. I think it deserves a vac and wash.... it hasn't had a realy good one since i bought it... and i'm so busy with everything... i just havn't had the time... I still need to wrap all the gifts i got my family...

To Confess... i'm not sure i'll actually make 2,000 starting in Jan... My work never processed my 6month review (which i'm talking to my boss about on Monday...) and i don't know what the Dec raise (that's department wide) will look like in terms of my take home pay... since i have no idea how much i make since i havn't had a paycheck without ot on it... and i have no idea how much they take out for taxes % wise... or i'd calculate it...



Bills
Done, with $3.00 Extra (i'll send this to my car loan for kicks)

Food
$150 Allotted; $103.01 spent; $46.99 Left
---These Sunday nite dinners are getting expensive... bringing food for 8-12 ppl to eat (one week it was chicken cesar salad... last week it was ice cream... this week i'm back to salad because i make yummy salad and most of the ppl there are guys... so... they don't think about green unless its food dye... but i love them... =D

Fun and Lux
$70 Allotted; $13.17 Spent; *$56.83 left

Short Term Savings
$25.oo auto transfer ; $65.00 manual transfer

Long term savings (moving out)
$30.00 sent to Emigrant

Gas
Allotted $200.00; Spent 46; Left $154

Basic Necessities
Allotted $50, Spent $40.34 ; Left $9.66 [Lotion, Laundry detergent (bulk at costco), shampoo, conditioner (so i have a spare for when i'm out)]

Offering: $50.00 (25 per check taken out in cash)
First this Sunday since i got paid. I'll take the cash out today.

Auto Loan: GOAL: $1020.00 before overtime
Additional $400.00 my mom gave me from Insurance...
360.18 overtime
420 (part of the 1020)

[$80 unbudgetted fudge money] left= $54.03
X-mas party i forgot about last night.... Gift 14.99; snacks brought with: 10.98 Total= 25.97

No comments:

Post a Comment