Saturday, November 11, 2006

So far... My November Spending

Okay, this is my first attempt at budgeting two categories of spending (Gas and Necessities) for the projected January Budget. Right now i'm under $2,000 a month with my new benefits, but i'm hoping the possible raise on the 20th and the one in December will push it over the top. I think that after two months, if can survive these amounts, i should be able to implement them permanently.


So far: Both under budget! $200 for gas and $150 for food and necessities.

Gas: $34.69 (so far... i need to fill up again)
Gas $4.00
Gas $30.69

Necessities: $44.31
Costco- Shampoo 7.70
Costco- Conditioner 7.70
CVS Pharmacy- Laundry Detergent 7.89
CVS Pharmacy- Toothbrush 3.49
CVS Pharmacy- Toothpaste 3.19
CVS Pharmacy- Deodorant 1.99
Pavillions- bounce Dryer Sheets 4.99
Pavillions-bleach 2.19
CVS Pharmacy- q-tips 2.14

Tax 3.03


Food $94.93*
Pavillions- Triscuit (2 family sized boxes) 5.00
Pavillions- soup (2 cans) 3.50
Pavillions-soup 1.85
Pavillions-soup 1.75
Pavillions-Chefboyardee (lasagna- 2 cans) 2.00
Pavillions-Chefboyardee (Ravioli- 2 cans) 2.00
Pavillions-Apple Sause- 2.08
Pavillions-Peanut Butter- 1.79
Pavillions-flour tortillas- 3.99
Pavillions-Daisy Sour Cream (2 containers)- 5.00
Pavillions-bananas- 1.75
Pavillions-Mushrooms- 2.29
Costco- 32 Water bottles 4.49+ CA Redemption Value 1.40
Costco- Chicken Strips (2 bags) 8.99
Costco- Deli Meat (2 bags) 8.89
Costco- Apples 5.99
Costco- Cereal 6.29
Costco- Canned Pineapple 6.69
Costco- Chicken Sandwiches (12) 9.29
Choco Bean 3.35
*Wendy's 6.55

* My friend owes me this... i added it into my budget until i get it back....

so it looks like for food and necessities i have $10.76 left.

WOOT WOOT...

I still need to take into consideration that not all the food I've eaten was paid for out of my pocket... Yeah i bought the apple sauce to go with last nights dinner... but i sure didn't buy the stuffing or the pork. But i also had to spring for all my "necessities"all at once... but then again not all of them. I still have some of the things i "need" like body wash and the like...

Looks like I won't know if the budget will need some tweaking till later on.

But if i still have that 10.46 left at the end of the month, I'm going to throw it into my old retirement account at ING, and change the name to "odds and ends." This way if one month i do go over with food... or need something i forgot to plan for, i'll have a little lee way money for it, but not "short term- i forgot my car needs a check up." Best to keep everything separate.

Noticing my spending... i know i won't be buying Milk or butter and a few other small things because if i did my mom would flip for two reasons:
A) out of space issues in the fridge, and
B) because she would waste a lot of milk.

Maybe i'll just add that money in... like i have to spend it and at the end of the month, push it into "odds and ends."

I'm going to go change up those accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment