Saturday, November 4, 2006

family hassels...

Well i fixed the emigrant error. I accessed my account, varied amounts, and saw the $1.00 posted. I am now waiting for $875 to be transferred from ING to BofA, so i can then move it over to Emigrant Direct ($875 was all that was available to move at this time.) So for now all the accounts are off and everything is in limbo as my money moves between banks.

I "get" to go buy toothpaste and deodorant today... the joys of independence... oh and i did not like paying $16 bucks for shampoo and conditioner at COSTCO.... maybe i'll run the numbers to realize how much i'm saving by using Costco (if it is saving me anything)...

Now... I'm going to rant about my personal life now.... and my jerk of a family....

On a sadder note, my mom is being a real nasty jerk... besides the dirty looks and deliberately saying things to piss me off, she's just plain evil to me at times. I'm kind of glad i'm not really relying on her for anything right now... well besides the roof over my head... which is why i haven't really given her a piece of my mind. I think for this month i'm going to heavily focus on independently buying all non food stuff, see how much it will all be, and then next month, regardless of what she buys, moving with complete food independence. She's mad at me because two days prior, she asked me what i was doing after work, and i kindly told her i had plans for Friday helping my friend with his campaign for City Council... well she got pissed because i couldn't deal with the Jacuzzi people... now its all hell war at my house and I "do nothing."

While,  "Miss I who do nothing" was cooking dinner last night my mom would not stop nagging about how i better clean up after myself and how everything better be put away, etc... when i pulled out a piece of Tupperware and a couple fell down because someone else didn't put them away properly... she started yelling "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE" ..... freaking stalking me while I was trying to cook dinner. She stood over me while I cooked the rest of the time.

So I cooked in silence and put up with it.  After I plated my food, I put some aside for lunch the next day and was just about to settle in to eat when more problems began.

My sister who never cooks and always tries to eat my leftovers asks me if anything is left from MY efforts in the kitchen... When I actually kindly told her, "well ya, but its my lunch tomorrow"... she proceeded to whine... (she's older than me, FYI) and then proceeds to make a large ordeal about how mom bought the food ingredients that I used (and she could therefore drag my mother into the conversation because of it)...

So I was forced to give up and she proceeded to eat my leftovers... and then I had to do the dishes, run the dishwasher, and clean up everything because she didn't offer to help even though I made her dinner....and while I ate I had to sit there and be argued with because i'm not politically voting how my mother (who isn't even registered to vote) wants me too..... GRRRRRRR

I'm totally done with these people ... I can handle my sister, she's crazy whinny, etc... but my mother makes me want to hit her... Half the time i swear she's drunk...

On the upside (if there is one) ... my sis cleaned out part of her closet and i got some shoes and a jacket i really like...

For now i put up with all their emotional crap and cross my fingers for the day of independence... i think when i get paid, i'm going to just give my mom all the insurance money, even if i have to dip into my Emergency fund so i don't have to worry about that for right now... I have the money, i think i'd rather loose the interest in one of my accounts than deal with her nagging me about that.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds tough. How soon can you move out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the "plan" is to pay off my auto loan by Dec 07, then, save some money to move out....


    may '08 (i'll be 22) is probably the earliest... That way i have emergency funds built to where they should be, first and last, deposits and the like....but that also depends on finding roommates, and a place to go... I could always try renting a room from strangers.... eek

    Realistically, I would love to move out at 23, and be able to save a lot of Money so i can have a downpayment to buy, then rent out rooms to my friends because by then most of my financially savvyer friends will be ready to move out too...

    ReplyDelete