Friday, September 29, 2006

a different promotion

Well, I'm still waiting to hear about the other promotion within the City... but i did receive a title change from my boss... (which should go into effect soon... couple of weeks or so.) I'm now a full time regular employee instead of a part time regular employee...


which means:


more hours i have to work... which means more take home pay.... and more benefit money that liquidates into my paycheck because I'm not married!!!! the joys of single living. =)


I think I'm going to put the extra benefit money towards my car, since this was unexpected and i really would love to start paying this off sooner... (the minimum payment is 278)... The extra money i take home from working more hours (after 10% goes to retirement) will go towards the tuition money i need to start stocking up on. The hours i need to work start right away, and the new benefit money will start to flow in after a couple of pay checks.


This will also reset the amount of my emergency fund... 

Once i figure out what my new monthly income is... then i need to work towards setting aside 3 months worth of that (a now higher amount to save).... at least this is a goal to hit after i hit the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment