Monday, April 8, 2019

Dang, I glad we have insurance

I didn't realize HOW expenses an office visit could be. Normally when I go into Kaiser, I never see the "itemized" bill for service, but they forgot to charge me a $15 co-pay for office visit, and had to generate a bill for the month. I saved it to post it up here on the blog, cause i'm that nerd.

So what am I talking about?

ALT Lab test: $31.00
HPV Detection Lab test: $139.00
Pap Lab Test: $139.00
Office Visit: $205.00

$514.00 without insurance to be told I was healthy for my every 2 year check up. Thankfully, we paid $15.00.

Then there was little dude who was "sick"

Office Visit: $323.00
Extra charge for "urgent care / non appointment" :$100.00

$423.00 without insurance before prescriptions... and we paid $15

Office visit to get ENT referral:
Office visit with Dr. & appointment: $125.00

We paid $15.00 ....

Makes me feel better about those insurance premiums, especially since I didn't get an itemized report from the ENT... who removed his tubes and some wax during his visit..... for $15.00

.... and then we had the other $15 co-pay when Eli had to go back to the urgent care after his tubes were removed... because there was some "fluids"...

yup, happy to have insurance.


No comments:

Post a Comment