Monday, October 27, 2014

Going Over Budget :(

Dang! There are still 5 days left this month and we are over budget...

Well, we really won't be over budget in the sense that my extra paycheck comes on Friday and we only have $800 of it earmarked for the emergency fund, but I was hoping we would be able to keep things contained to just our usual income for the month and have the full check to play with... But nope....

and I have to be okay with it.

We still have 5 days for the month left and at present we are $163.31 over and I still need to fill my car up with Gas and go grocery shopping for the week... Plus SCB will need to buy lunch because we ran out of lunch food for him as well.

So what happened? Poor planning. A BUSY week and weekend didn't get off on the right foot since SCB was home sick on Monday...which meant we did convenience and our eating out budget for the month will end up being around $300 instead of the hopeful $200. Our groceries will probably end up being around $350 once I do shopping later today...

We also spent around $40 on Halloween candy and treats for the ward "trunk or treat" activity this past Saturday (forgot to bring my phone for pictures... but our car won a prize for cool decorations). Part of this was because we were doing a combined event with another ward (ie, crashing their event with all of our kids because we didn't have time to plan one--) and they asked everyone who could to bring extra candy to make sure we had enough for 2 full wards. We found out that glow sticks are a good hit too.

We also picked up some light equipment to fix my mom's security system at her house... Ya, she will pay us back, but I still count it as spent until we do... So another $30 there...

We have started doing some Christmas stocking stuffers and small presents, and while I should pull that money out of our Christmas fund (Which is why we have one to begin with)... this will be the last Christmas where I can spoil SCB before the baby and a tighter budget get here, so were eating some of it along the way in the budget so we have more to spend...  so about $60 ish...

That only leaves us around $30 bucks to "justify"... Which I can... because SCB needed some motivation to finish the baby's room by months end... and the video game he's been dying to have is available AND has an expansion pack... He was going to save his fun money from this and next month for it... but he wouldn't have enough for his expansion pack... so you can guess my telling him he could have it EARLY (october instead of Dec) if he finished the room on time was quite effective... Especially when I tossed in the expansion pack....

So, he technically doesn't get pocket money next month, but our little baby has a painted room with a rug and night light and ceiling fan and a baby gate (we are going to return it because in hindsight it doesn't meet our needs so we will still need to get a different one) but as of now, all he needs to do is tack the baseboards in place once I paint them up and we can put the crib in!!!!

My Monday is looking quite full... I'm so glad I also have Tuesday off this week since I had to work the whole weekend with some staff training activities. I'll need the extra day to help with baking, cleaning, shopping, and Painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment