Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Getting back on track

What a couple weeks we have had over here in our neck of the woods. I had to help run a huge Relay For Life event for my local city ($115,000 raised and rising!!!) but it took a lot of hours to get there and a lot of frustrations I'm still recovering from. Lets just say I probably worked 40 hours in 3 days it was nuts.... and I'm still working like crazy trying to absorb a lot of work from some other employees on leave...

Hubs and I are working on trying to get back into the groove of things and get back to basics with not only our spending but with my new schedule. I'm no longer working at early morning AM shifts at the moment while i'm covering for some other employees so we have been trying to figure out cooking and chores once more all over again as i'm now staying up later in the day and sleeping in more. It's amazing how much more I was able to fit into the day when I had the early morning shifts... but i'm slowly adjusting and doing a few things before work and then staying up later to get other items done in the evening hours.

I'm still working hard on my weight loss and I have a few days left for my work weight loss challenge and the first weigh in for my 6 month dietbet and i'm hopeful! I've lost over 10 lbs so far and strangers are telling how good i'm looking and I can't wait till Monday to see how everything is going since Monday will be the final weigh-in for my work challenge. I can't wait to see how many inches I've lost.

I also helped throw a bridal shower for my friend Amy (her wedding is this month-- so excited) so I've been getting my dress altered and doing all sorts of things with the wedding prep too so its been busy all around... but were still here!

Hoping to get back on track and back in the game on things. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get back on track as well. After working some crazy shifts this week I'm actually home for dinner will be eating something healthy!

    ReplyDelete