Monday, January 27, 2014

We are taking back our vacuum...

I know we just bought it right? But don't worry it's not broken... and we love it... I just found a better deal on it.

I was browsing online at kohls.com because I have $20 in rewards bucks I need to redeem by the end of the month (leftover from Black Friday shopping that didn't get credited until Dec because they had a computer glitch). So as I was browsing, I found my vacuum on their site.

It normally sells for $699.99 but was on sale for $479.99... which with tax and their free shipping on purchases of $75 or more would ultimately be $7.20 less than what I bought it for at Costco. In my other post, I mentioned how our Costco bundle came with all these special attachments, right?

Well I don't like them.

In fact, I'm quite happy with the 2 standard ones it comes with as they suit all of my needs. So I started playing around with the idea of returning the Costco model and buying it at Kohl's because I could use my $20 in rewards... but the total savings would only end up being $27...

But then I remembered I had a 30% coupon for Kohls that came in the mail just the other day...

$699.99  $479.99 Sale
Minus $20 Rewards, $459.99
Minus 30% made it $321.99
and with tax the total the total would come to $347.75 with shipping

instead of $525.58

A savings of $177.83...

and I'd get $60 in Kohls Cash...
and my purchase should net me an additional $15 in Kohl's rewards because you get $5 for every $100 you spend...

And I wouldn't have to keep the attachments I'm not thrilled with...

So I clicked order...

New one should be here this week and I'm taking the old one back to costco for a refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment