Thursday, September 29, 2011

Getting back on track

The hubby's actual white board to-do list... Guess he can
mark off the one about telling me he loves me :) 
Its always so hard to get back into your normal routine post happy vacation bliss. Our finances are all messy right now since I can't remember what I accounted for in our budget before we left, and what we are still waiting on. It looks like its going to end up being a zero sum game for us the rest of the month (thank goodness there is only one more day left and one more paycheck come Friday.)

Besides my mom's birthday dinner and a card and flowers, we are going to try and rein in the spending next month so we can get back on track and embrace the truly frugal people we are... not the spend hacks we have been!

I have piles of projects to finish, a whole lot of half written blog posts, and a new workout ethic to keep up (which I failed at doing yesterday.)

Hopefully I stay sane and get everything together and make a huge dent in my to-so list... or at least my hubby's...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you accomplish everything.

    By the way, I love the way your blog looks! The title banner is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the title banner is so cute! I love it when people have some personal photos on their blog, it makes it so much more personable!

    Don't feel too bad about the spending, we all have peaks and valleys- times where we are frugal ninjas and other times we just get busy and our frugality is put on the backburner. I know I have gone over budget more times than I'd like to admit but it's a learning process and truly frugal people can easily rein it in and sense when they're off balance...it's a skill that's great to have!

    ReplyDelete