June 6: $808.18
- Mortgage: $808.18
- Electric Bill: $42.34
June 7: $23.63
- Vista Print (New Wedding Programs) $23.63
June 8: $8.65
- True Value: $8.65
June 9: $0.00
June 10: $56.57
- SCG Cell Phone: $56.57
June 11: $101.61
- Gas @ Costco $51.51 (wahoo for $3.85 a gallon!)
- milk @ Costco $4.69
- Produce @ Henry's: $9.54
- Groceries @ Fresh & Easy: $35.87
My fiance wasn't able to get any work this week because he called in sick on Monday and therefore lost his gig... :( we did cash one of his checks from last week, but we decided to put it towards the car service check I need to get done this month. So no progress this week despite the fact that SCB went to Labor Ready every day before they opened and got in line.
Grocery Shopping Update:
This week we actually split up our grocery shopping between Henry's and Fresh and Easy despite the fact that we got a $5 off $25 coupon and a $10 off $50 coupon in our weekly ad for fresh and easy. Part of this was because we didn't like the produce selection at Fresh and Easy for the week so we new we couldn't use the $10 off $50 coupon... especially since Henry's was beating a lot of their prices for produce. We also needed to get Toilet Paper... and we tweaked the shopping list in store when we found steaks on sale at fresh and easy!
Fresh and Easy: $45.87 (-5.00 off coupon) = $35.87
- Ranch Dressing: $1.89
- 1 can of Refried Beans: $0.79
- 1 can of Tuna: $0.69
- 1 can of Tomato Soup: $0.89
- 1lb of butter: $0.99
- Granola Bars: $1.99
- Jennie-o Turkey Keilbossa: $3.79
- 48 oz Potatoes: $0.98
- 32 oz of Carrots: $0.98
- 16 oz of Tomatoes: $0.98
- 8 oz of Mushrooms: $1.89
- Hamburger Buns: $1.29 (We are going to buy these at Costco from now on... way cheaper)
- Cheap White Bread: $1.19 (SCB liked to use this instead of hot dog buns)
- 10 count of Flour Tortillas: $0.98
- New York Steal: $15.10
- Toilet Paper: $5.99 + Sales Tax: $0.46
- Cucumber: $0.49
- Romain Lettuce: $0.88
- Spinach Bunch: $1.29
- Black Berries: $1.25
- Raspberries: $1.25
- Strawberries: $1.25
- Avocado: $1.25
- Watermelon: $1.88
- 2 Gallons of Fat Free Milk
Dinners for the week:
We are trying to be more mindful of how often we are eating meat because grocery prices are getting higher each week so we are making an effort to do 2 meatless meals a week (this week we have 3 planned).
- Saturday: Our Pasta Night (either Spaghetti with Marinara or Alfredo sauce)
- Sunday: Grilled pork chops (marinated in BBQ sauce), Apple sauce, mash potatoes, and peas.
- Monday: Pepper Jack grilled cheese sandwiches on homemade bread (mine with sliced mushrooms), Salad, and tomato soup
- Tuesday: Pot Luck Bible Study (we are bringing Salad, Salad dressings, and Chips & Salsa) for our burrito night.
- Wednesday: Jennie-o Turkey Keilbossa, Potatoes, Carrots (all baked in the oven with no oil, etc) with apple sauce, Milk, and Salad.
- Thursday: Breakfast for dinner (SCB gets homemade French toast, I'll probably have a egg sandwich or maybe an omelet with mushrooms, bell peppers, cheese, spinach, and tomatoes).
- Friday: "HIU chicken" (something that actually tasted great from my college cafeteria) Baked chicken breast with pepper jack cheese, tomato, and avocado on top... (either on a bun or over some rice)