Quite frankly, I'm all for getting a good deal if its legal and legit... and from what I've read and viewed (ie screen caps), I have to shake my head at the shows participants and how they commit fraud in the stores... (using coupons for items they didn't actually buy, etc).
In my world, my attempt at getting a good legit deal looks something like my trip to Ralphs this week:
- They were doing a promotion where if you buy 10 items, you save $5.00 at checkout instantly.
- Whole Wheat Pasta was marked on sale for $0.99 a box.
- So I hit Ralphs on the way home from work... I bought 10 boxes of Healthy Harvest whole wheat pasta for $0.99 a box on sale ($9.90 total)... the Mega Deal took $5.00 off and made them $0.49 a piece.
Now if I had a bunch of coupons for the products, it could have been cheaper (or free even)... but I didn't, and I still got a fantastic deal without breaking any laws. I then hit Fresh and Easy and did the rest of my shopping:
- 2 Bags of Salad ($3.98, or $1.99 each)
- Hamburger buns ($1.19)
- Tortillas ($0.98)
- 5lbs White Rice ($4.39)
- mushrooms ($1.99)
- Sliced Pepper Jack ($2.49)
- 3 cucumbers ($1.49)
- 4lb Oranges ($2.29)
- 1 lb of Tomatoes ($0.98)
- Hummus ($1.99)
- Can of pineapple ($1.49)
- Can of Olives ($1.49)
- Top Sirloin Steak ($9.98)
- Buffalo Wings ($2.00)
- Tortilla Chips ($2.99)
- Generic 7-up ($0.89 + $0.10 CRV)
- Cascade dishwasher soap ($6.99)
- Tax: $0.62
$51.31 - $6.00 off coupon = $45.31
We actually couldn't find a $6.00 off $30.00 coupon at the register. The nice lady who works there every Sunday (who we make a point of saying "Hi" to when we come in) actually went looking for them when we couldn't find any coupons next to the bags. She made sure we left with a coupon booklet full off the $5 off $25 or $10 off $50 coupons to use for next week. We think it was just a mistake and maybe someone forgot to put them out because it was Mother's day. Either way, well be okay for this month with the booklet full of coupons.