Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just to update everyone on our life...

Walmart and my fiancé + job hunts:
Apparently, despite getting an official job offer, being told what he would be getting paid an hour, what hours he would work, and going through 3 interviews-- where he mentioned his record and told them what they would find when they did a back ground check on him... Walmart has decided to NOT hire my fiance after all...

We got the letter in the mail. Kind of makes me not want to shop there... but we need to move on from this set back. We sat down and revamped my fiancés resume, adding every job he's ever had... Our next step is Labor Ready, Man Power, Select Staffing, Ultimate Staffing, & Volt Services (the links I got from my friend Eric the other day.) ... So expect updates on those efforts.

My fiance also looked into finding a plasma donation center (what he did 2 times a week while he was going to school to pay his bills) but there isn't one in the area. The closest one is 35 miles away one way, and with gasoline prices the way they are, the money he would get from that would be eaten alive from the drive... But if there is an employment agency over there, then he may go check it out if one of those services takes him that way.

We are also trying to call about getting the old shoplifting charge removed from his record... or at least know the exact date it will be removed (to give us some light at the end of the tunnel.)

My sister's engagement party:
We showed up a bit after it started (after learning we would need a new wedding location... & that my fiance didn't get the Walmart Job so we were a bit down in the dumps.) But it went really really well. We both had a good time, and only my mom got a bit tipsy, but her boyfriend was driving her home at least. My sister had hired a Taco cart to cater the party and it was sooooo delish! We may book him depending on our reception and wedding plans. But everyone actually played nice, included my fiancé and I, and we had a good time (he even admitted he had fun to me after wards which is a huge victory).

It seems like the family is finally starting to warm up to him! There are still those little side long looks when he says something they don't agree with or when he speaks his opinion... but that's something they will just have to learn about him.

Birthday Parties:
My fiance and I had our joint birthday dinner with my family. I got a whole new set of pots and pans and if I could, i'd kiss them to pieces they are so nice! The fiancé got some much needed long sleeve shirts that are actually long enough to fit him so we get to toss out all the ones hes been "rolling up" because they hit him mid forearm.

The food was amazing, and again, except for a few comments here and there from my family, the night went really well. Hopefully with time they will learn to let things roll off their shoulders...

Wedding Location:
The wedding planner is fantastic. All the parks were already booked at the city I work with and the nearby cities don't grant permits for outside weddings... but she was able to get us a park in Dana Point for the ceremony, and secure us a reception location nearby. We look at it on Monday and they are going to hold it for us until then because the planner has more connections... it may cost us a bit more... we will find out on Monday

Honeymoon:
We are thinking we may postpone the honeymoon until we can use the cruise... It would be a month or so after the wedding... but that's the plan until we figure out how much more the wedding may cost us.

=)

Maybe things will start looking up for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment