Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tears... (another rant... i'm sorry folks)

It seems like a day doesn’t go by that my family isn’t leaving me in tears.


Birthday Tears:

They either argue about where we are going to go to dinner (hating every place I suggest), or they argue about how it’s not fair that we are even going out at all because my sister’s boyfriend INSISTED on paying for her birthday dinner for the whole family last year (despite me trying to pay for myself multiple times so this wouldn’t come back to bite me in the butt)… and because of all of that my sister thinks that we shouldn’t go out to a nice restaurant or even at all because THEY paid for their own birthday dinner last year. When I suggest a cheaper restaurant they “don’t eat there.” And when I told her that if she didn’t want to go, she didn’t have to she got all hussy about it…. Quite frankly if I hear one more word I won’t have a birthday dinner with them.


Wedding Tears:

My sister is also simultaneously (as in after I say if she doesn’t want to go to a birthday dinner for me, she doesn’t have she instantly jumps to) getting on my case for not “volunteering” to help her with her engagement party plans or her wedding… trying to make me feel guilty that I have a wedding of my own to plan. I’m a little sick of hearing how I have so much time on my hands since I get up so early to go to work every day and thus get off in the afternoon that I should be offering to do everything for her… Ummm, what do you think I’m doing when I come home from work…. I’m planning MY WEDDING?!?!?!?!…


When I do ask about her wedding plans she mentions that she has all the details in order but doesn’t have a venue yet, or a solid guest list (120-150 people), or even a date…. But your making some of your centerpieces now? And When I last asked you about engagement party, you bragged about how the entire thing planned and done already, Taco truck and all. Sorry but I’m not going to help you throw your engagement party when you insult me every time we speak and say things like “you need to dress nicely…. Were having a dress code for the party…” and right after you announce the party to me you then ask me if I “can you make a cake that will feel 50-70 people out of my own pocket???” and are shocked that I don’t have the time to do that for you when I work the morning of your party as well?????


Mother’s day tears:

Oh and yes, she’s still arguing about cooking at HER HOUSE and having us eat on the floor with her 3 dogs, or going to a restaurant… and we don’t have a date even picked out to celebrate mother’s day…

No comments:

Post a Comment