Thursday, April 28, 2011

Another Price Increase victim...

If you look back to my post describing my spending during the first week of April (April Spending 1st-9th) You will remember the huge price increases that hit dairy and egg products at Costco in just one weeks time... (13.4% for Milk; 10.2% for cheese; and 22.9% for eggs)


Now, if you were to scroll down that post further to what I bought on April 3rd, you'd notice this:
"Bone in Pork Chops @ 1.99 lb ($7.62)"


You'll notice I paid $1.99 a pound for pork chops at Fresh and Easy... For those of you who aren't familiar with my new favorite grocery store we shop there for 2 reasons...

  1. They give us/we can find $6 off $30 coupons every week to use for groceries...
  2. They keep everyday staple prices. They don't do "Rewards Prices" at their stores and things stay the same price week in and week out.  Chicken, steak, pork, etc... and it makes it easier to plan out our grocery budget because we don't have to try and price hunt meat, we can just buy what we are low on and freeze it then. It also makes it easier to price watch for increases. Sure, some things will vary in price week to week in the produce department and go on sale, but their regular products remain the same price... please keep this in mind when you look at the picture of this weeks ad:
That's the price for Pork Chops...


Last week, $1.99 a pound... this week $2.49 a pound (25% Increase in one weeks time.) 

If you read back to my post on March 6th, "My Ode to Fresh and Easy" when my fiancĂ© first moved to California, I got ground beef for $1.99 lb... and shortly after it jumped to $2.49 a pound... but I just figured it was an ending to the "promotion price" because the store was brand new and had just opened... but that wasn't the case... It was inflation hitting ground beef and making it rise 25%.... so to further document any increases:
current price of ground beef



No comments:

Post a Comment